Opens 27 November
Health and Safety Protocols related to COVID-19
Safety is Spirit Mountain’s number one Core Value. All day, every day employees and guests have a responsibility to operate as safely as possible.
Our response plan is designed specifically to protect employees and guests from the coronavirus. Fortunately, skiing is a healthy outdoor sport people can safely enjoy while practicing COVID-19 health guidelines.
Spirit Mountain has developed this set of guidelines to operate under all federal, state, county and municipal COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines. The plan also incorporates best practices from the National Ski Areas Association and the Minnesota Ski Areas Association.
Before you arrive at Spirit Mountain
- All tickets for activities must be purchased online before arrival. Capacity limits may apply.
- All guests will be asked to go through a self health-screening process before arriving at Spirit mountain and to stay home when they are sick.
- This year more than ever, it’s essential to know before you go- check our website and social media channels for updates on hill operations and other announcements.
During Your Visit at Spirit Mountain
- If possible, guests are asked to get ready in their vehicle prior to arrival.
- All personal belongings must be kept in a vehicle or placed in a locker during the day.
- Face coverings that align with CDC recommendations will be required both inside and outside whenever physical distancing cannot be achieved, except when actively eating and drinking.
- Guests must follow proper hygiene practices, including; cough and sneeze etiquette, hand washing, and sanitizing procedures.
- On-mountain capacity limits may apply during busy times.
- Guests will be asked to self-group and load the chairlift with their traveling party. Masks will be required in lift lines and on lifts. Lift attendants will not require guests to ride a chairlift with people they do not know.
- Face coverings will be required while loading and riding on lifts, inside all buildings, and during all ski and snowboard lessons and when 6ft of social distancing can’t be maintained. No one will be permitted on the mountain without a face covering.
Cleaning Procedures and Protocols
- Cleaning products and protocols will include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- We will continue to provide additional routine cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will take place daily in our rental shops. All rental equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use.
- Pin pads and pens will be disinfected on a regular basis.
Safety for Employees and Guests
- Employees are wearing face coverings and actively participating in daily health screening.
- All employees will continue to engage in frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer. Soap dispensers are located in property restrooms. Hand sanitizer is available in general reception areas and employee areas, meeting spaces, and other public areas as applicable to the property.
- In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, employees are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Employees will have separation barriers and additional PPE.
- Responding swiftly and reporting to local health officials any presumed cases of COVID-19 at the property shall be a staff-wide requirement.
- Regularly disinfect guest-use areas throughout the day and nightly.
- Spirit Mountain volunteer ski patrol with follow all recommendations established by Spirit Mountain, federal and local health authorities, and the National Ski Patrol.
Food and Beverage
- At this time, all indoor spaces will have a 50% seating capacity. Reservations will be required for dining in the Moosehead and Slopeside Restaurants and table capacities will be clearly marked around the chalet
- Contact information will be required of all guests
- The snowsports center will have an expanded selection of online reservations and advanced booking options.
- Class sizes will be small, with more family/friend group options.
- A reservation system will be utilized, and daily caps may be put into place as needed.
9500 Spirit Mountain Pl, Duluth, MN 55810, United States
No updates at this time. Check back every Monday for the latest updates.