Open daily / +1 651-258-4567 / 26685 County 7 Blvd, Welch, MN 55089, United States / firstname.lastname@example.org /with COVID-19 Policies
Mask & Face Covering Mandate in the State of MN
The State of MN is currently under an Executive Order requiring face masks and face coverings to be worn in all public buildings and businesses. The executive order issued by MN Governor Tim Walz will apply to any guest who enters a chalet or building at Welch Village. All guests and Welch Village employees will be required to wear a mask or face covering inside our buildings. This will apply to all Welch Village buildings at all times including chalets, bars, food court areas, rental shop, ski shop, ski school etc.
Welch Village also highly recommends wearing a mask or face covering whenever 6 ft. of social distancing is a challenge.
Read MN Executive Order 20-81 here
Reduced seating and policy for chalet use
Per MN Executive Order 20-74, space capacity is reduced by 50% under state law. Read below for some more details on how this will impact your visit to Welch Village this season. Read MN Executive Order 20-74 here
Due to indoor capacity restrictions, only guests wearing a lift ticket for the day will be allowed to enter chalet buildings. On peak visit days like some weekends and holidays, it’s likely that chalet space will not be available for all guests. We will need to work together, take turns, and share the limited seating space that will be available.
Welch Village Policies and Protocols for the 2020-2021 season
What you can expect OUTSIDE:
– Good News! For the most part, COVID-19 shouldn’t impact how you enjoy the slopes of Welch Village like you normally do. You should be able to go skiing and snowboarding (for the most part) like you normally do! As long as you are healthy and feel healthy, go ski & ride!
– Face coverings will be required while riding a chairlift or while waiting in a line to ride a chairlift. Please also wear a face covering in any setting outdoors where it’s challenging to maintain 6 ft. of social distancing.
– Current NSAA & MSAA guidance encourages only parties that arrived at the ski area together to ride a lift together. Protocols are being established to provide adequate separation between unrelated parties including leaving at least one vacant space on the chair (For example, leaving empty spaces on a quad chair) while unrelated parties wear a face covering on the lift.
– Welch Village is working on adding more outdoor amenities like additional fire pits, patio heaters, and outdoor portable restrooms.
What you can expect INSIDE:
– Face coverings must be worn at all times inside a Welch Village building except while eating & drinking. 6 ft. of social distancing must be maintained at all times.
– Seating capacity will be significantly impacted this season. We will all need to work together on this one.
– There will be a time limit for all table use in the main chalet. Only guests wearing a lift ticket for that day will be allowed to enter a chalet building.
– All guests will be asked to boot up at their vehicle. The chalet will only be used this season to buy food and use the bathrooms. If you bring your own food you be asked to eat in your vehicle or outside the chalet.
– Guests will not be allowed to leave any personal items like bags, coolers etc. in the chalet. All personal items will need to be taken to your vehicle while skiing & riding. Rearranging and moving tables will not be allowed.
– Seating capacity will be reduced at Madd Jaxx. All tables will be available by reservation only, first-come first-serve for guests wishing to order food & drink off the menu only. More details coming soon. Bar seating will not be available.
– Welch Village staff will regularly clean and sanitize all high touch surfaces. There will be hand sanitizer available in various locations in all buildings.
– Unless you are ordering food or using the restroom, all guests will be required to be seated while in the chalet per current MN guidelines.
26685 County 7 Blvd, Welch, MN 55089, United States